Crime
The victim sustained skull and orbital fractures and brain bleed as a result of the attack, prosecutors said.
Two men are facing charges for allegedly assaulting a man with a brick and a rock outside of an ice cream shop in Revere last month, leaving him with facial fractures and brain bleed.
Just after 3:30 a.m. on May 4, cameras captured two people, who police later identified as Leonard Lomax, 33, of Boston, and Jeffrey Satterwhite, 35, of Lynn, kicking and causing damage to a vehicle outside of Twist N’ Shake at 82 Revere Beach Blvd., according to a release from the Suffolk district attorney’s office.
Upon witnessing the two men kicking his car, the victim, identified as a 33-year-old man, called 911. Lomax soon approached the victim with a brick in his hand, as the man retreated and requested that the suspect drop the brick, prosecutors said.
Around this time, cameras captured Satterwhite driving away, parking on Shirley Avenue, and then approaching the victim from behind with an object believed to be a rock, according to the district attorney’s office. Satterwhite allegedly struck the victim, causing him to collapse, before striking him three more times.
Authorities said cameras then captured Lomax running toward the victim, who was still on the ground, and allegedly beating him with what appeared to be a brick.
The victim sustained skull and orbital fractures and brain bleed as a result of the attack, prosecutors said. He received treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital.
A State Police trooper later identified Lomax, who reportedly has a long criminal history, from the ice cream shop’s surveillance footage. Authorities then identified Satterwhite via the license plate on his vehicle in the surveillance footage. The victim confirmed the identities of the suspects from a photo array, prosecutors said.
Authorities charged Lomax with assault and battery causing serious bodily injury, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (brick), and malicious destruction of property exceeding $1,200 for the incident on May 4, according to the district attorney’s office.
During his arraignment in Chelsea District Court this week, a judge released Lomax on personal recognizance, denying the prosecutor’s request that he be denied bail and held for a dangerousness hearing. He is due back in court July 23.
On Wednesday, Satterwhite faced arraignment on charges of assault and battery causing serious bodily injury, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (rock), and malicious destruction of property exceeding $1,200. He will return to court July 8.
A judge ordered him held on $50,000 bail.
Extra News Alerts
Get breaking updates as they happen.



